Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blackberry Pear Cake.


Usually I stare at the apron wall in anthropologie with longing, wishing the logical part of my brain would leave for a coffee break, giving my impulsive side a chance to buy an amazing apron. With money I don't have. Thanks to World Market I found an amazing mustard and grey apron for $19 which gave me a great reason to bake. Hence the delightfully fattening, springtime inspired, blackberry pear cake on my counter.






1/2cup cream butter
1cup white sugar
1egg
2cup flour
2tsp. baking powder
3/4cup milk
1/2tsp. vanilla
2 cup fresh blackberries

Wash and drain berries; set aside. Beat butter and sugar, add egg and beat until fluffy. Sift flour and baking powder together, add alternately with milk. Add vanilla.
Fold in blackberries. Pour into 9 inch pan. Bake 40-45 min at 350 degrees.
Cool and ice with homemade butter-cream frosting (powdered sugar, milk, and butter),
one sliced pear, and candied pecans.

The pear soaks really nicely into the frosting and makes it taste so yummy!

And this is my new apron :-) God bless!!


No comments:

Post a Comment