Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Easy ways to save the world: buy a couch.

This blog is inspired by my sister Meghann Ramer and her fiancee Sean Bonesteele. 


In preparation for their future apartment they have been trying to save money for furniture and rent and such. Together they came up with "recycling for a couch." They began recycling bottles and cans and setting aside that money earned specifically for a sofa. Pretty soon my entire family got involved, they collected recyclables after parties, I began bringing a bag of bottles in my trunk every time I saw them. Before we knew it their simple idea changed the culture of our family from dumpers to sustainable livers!
Is there something special you can save up for by recycling? 
Imagine earning towards a prize while saving the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment