Sunday, January 8, 2012

Easy ways to save the earth: at lunch.

Hey ladies and fellas...
I want to start a new little series of posts that are just periodic... about saving the earth! That sounds so overwhelming so I am just going to post simple ways to be nicer to creation, hope you enjoy!

Today, we are saving the earth at lunchtime!!!!


In my household we have a culture of using paper plates for breakfast and lunch. It's easier, we don't have to do dishes, and you can just toss them in the trash. However, I am now trying to use our ceramic plates and spend the extra time rinsing (with as little water as possible) and sticking them in the dishwasher. We are going to use the energy and water to run the dishwasher every night anyway so I might as well save some trees by using less paper plates. 

What are some habits of your household that you can change to SAVE the earth?



No comments:

Post a Comment