Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Great Thing.

So pretty much everyone I love in the world left today or is leaving tomorrow to the Dominican Republic on a mission trip called 1 great thing. I love them all so much and this blog is simply a prayer request. Please pray that God shakes lives, shows up in big ways, works miracles, brings light to the DR and brings everyone home safely.

One Great thing is a collaborative missions EXPERIENCE that combines training, worship, and service (head, heart, hands). The trip is for twenty-somethings who want to do something great but find themselves sitting on the beach all summer long. Ghandi said
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
That is the big difference with 1GT, you don't just do the change, you become the change you wish to see in the world. I went last year and nothing has been the same since... my team is my family now and I feel like a completely different person. God moves in mighty ways and I expect to hear even bigger stories this year. PRAY FAMILY!

for more info visit: http://1greatthing.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment